This post contains 1 mark questions on the topic of E-mail and FTP in the form of MCQs, fill in the blanks and true or false statements.
Fill in the blanks:
- E-mail is the process of sending and receiving messages over ________ .
- _________ elements help to express emotions or feelings in E-mail or text messages.
- The symbol ___ is used in every email address before the domain name
- A ________ is a set of rules that are needed for communication.
- _________ enables the actual sending and receiving of messages between servers
- ________ protocol is used for downloading files from computer network.
- ________ E-Mail format allows formatting to be done for e-Mails
Ans. RTF (Rich Text Format)
- ________ protocol downloads e-mails in one shot to minimize internet usage
- __________ occurs when the email message header is designed to make the message appear to come from a known or trusted source
Ans. Email Spoofing
- Filezilla is an example of __________ program
State whether the following statements are true or false:
- You can use email to send messages but not files across Internet. (T/F)
- FTP utilizes TCP/IP protocol suite.
- IMAP POP3 are some of the email protocols
- In an e-mail address the portion on the right side of @ identifies the domain name for the host server.
- Plain text (txt) E-mail messages can be read by any type of E-mail application.
- Thunderbird and Outlook are examples of e-mail clients
- Bcc recipient can see the To and Cc list.
Multiple Choice Questions:
- Out of the following which one is the most used feature of Internet:
- Electronic mail cannot be used for
- Sending documents
- Setting Remote connection
- Sending attachments
- Sending messages
- Bcc field contains the list of recipients. Bcc stands for
- Bold carbon copy
- Blind carbon copy
- Blind client copy
- Buyer client copy
- A software that helps you in sending and receiving an E-mail
- None of these
- _______ field allows to send same message to multiple recipients without getting them know about other recipients.
- An email can be sent via –
- Smart phone
- All the above
- In an email address, the characters following ‘@’ character represent
- ISP name
- E-mail Recipient
- Domain name
- None of these
- In the email address “[email protected]”, what is the domain name
- the whole email address
- FTP is referred to as
- Far Transfer Protocol
- File Transport Protocol
- File Transfer Part
- File Transfer Protocol
- Which of the following would you use to transfer files over the Internet?