Search engine optimization is the process of optimizing your online content so that a search engine likes to show it as a top result for searches of a certain keyword. Below are notes on this chapter in the form of question and answers.
- What is SEO?
- SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization.
- It is a technique used for designing and developing a website so that it can be ranked high in search engine results.
- It is a subset of search engine marketing.
- SEO is useful in increasing the number of visitors to a website.
- What is On-Page SEO?
- On-page SEO is concerned with information that is displayed to the end user, such as text, images and website navigation.
- It includes provision of good content, good keywords selection, putting keywords on correct places, giving appropriate title to every page etc.
- What is Off-Page SEO?
- Off-page SEO is concerned with Website-Website relationship. Do other websites refer to you, do you refer to others? How good is your network?
- It includes link building, increasing link popularity by submitting open directories, search engines, link exchange etc.
- Write the difference between White Hat and Black Hat techniques.
1. These are the techniques that search engines recommend as a part of good design.
1. These are the techniques that search engines do not approve.
2. Relevant content
2. Duplicate content
3. Well-labeled images
3. Invisible text and stuffed keyword
4. Relevant links and references
4. Links from sites with non-relevant content
- Enlist different ways to optimize the webpages for SEO.
- SEO : Page Structure Optimization
- SEO Keywords
- SEO Social Bookmarking
- SEO-Social Media Optimization (SMO)
- Other factors for SEO
- What is done for SEO page structure optimization?
- Html programs start with <!doctype html>
- Singular tags are self-enclosed, e.g. as </img>
- Tag order should be proper. Recently opened tags are closed first most of the time.
- What are SEO Keywords?
SEO keywords are the important words and phrases related to the developed website content.
- Explain SEO Social Bookmarking.
- It is a powerful tool for promoting websites and is very useful for off-page SEO optimization.
- Bookmarks are websites that are stored for future references, especially useful for webpages with long URLs.
- Bookmarking service lets you save, organize and share bookmarks with other users.
- External links are important SEO factors for a website to be ranked higher in a search engine.
- What is SEO- Social Media Optimization?
- It is the enhancing of a website’s ranking by using interactive communities like Facebook, twitter, Instagram, blogs, etc.
- These communities have links to the created website which builds familiarity and trust about the website.
- What are Backlinks?
Backlinks are links on one website that, when clicked, take the user to another site. They also represent a “vote of confidence” from one site to another.
- What is the use of Backlinks on website?
Backlinks to your website are a signal to search engines that others are interested to know about the contents form your website.
- What is the use of Robots.txt file?
- This file tells search engine which pages you want to exclude from indexing.
- For example: if you do not want a certain page or image being indexed, then you can restrict that page from being indexed.
- What type of detailed points should be present in an SEO Audit result?
- Overall ranking of the site
- Recommendations for improvements
- Search engine optimization
- Usability of the website
- Performance of website
- Social links
- Security parameters
- Header content recommendations
- Body content
- Technology list which is used in the website
- What type of security parameters should be present in an SEO result?
- SSL enabled
- HTTPS redirect
- Email privacy
- Enlist website’s body content present in SEO Audit.
- Header tags
- Body content recommendations
- Keyword consistency
- Amount of content in the pages
- What types of links details can be present in SEO audit result?
- Number of backlinks
- Broken links
- Friendly links
- On page links